MARKET ANALYSIS 15.09.17
– The market is a little bit more active compared to last week, there are more requests on german and french markets.
Cream offers are variable between 3,26 and 3,30 €/kg, raw milk is at 0,47 €/kg and skimmed milk is at the same level of last week, 0,175 €/kg.
In Italy offers until the end of the year will be at more interesting prices than on the spot.
Productions in Europe are picking up, with increases in Ireland, Poland and Italy, where some cooperatives have increases in collections higher than 4%.
Thanks to high prices (until 0,395 €/kg in Bavaria) even Germany is almost to the same level of last year: – 0,5%.
– Even this week butter reports are quiet. In Germany the price is still 6,85 €/kg minimum and 7,00 €/kg maximum, in France is 6,80 €/kg and in Holland there is a small increase of 0,02 € reaching 6,97 €/kg, leading the average of these three countries a little bit lower than 6,90 €/kg.
Butter offers are between 6,30 and 6,65 €/kg for polish butter; for german butter there are few offers or even no offers.
– Skimmed powder milk reports are significantly decreasing in Germany and Holland. No changes in France.
Whole powder milk, influenced by prices of fat, is unchanged in France and Germany and lightly decreased in Holland.
Even this week, other 1120 tons from almost all Europe (Germany, Lithuania, Belgium, France, Latvia a and Polland) have been sold to the public store.
In the meantime, EU is trying to sell stocks already present.
Expectations are alarming since from 30th September until February there will not be public storage to guarantee minimum level of the market. Probably the intervention will start again on the 1st April with goods that could be produced 30 days before.
– Whey powder quotations are still decreasing in Germany, France and Holland.
– Average european quotations of cheese reports are stable for Cheddar at 3,56 €/kg and for Gouda at 3,38 €/kg, they are decreasing for Emmentaler until 4,08 €/kg and for Edamer until 3,49 €/kg.